The Inspire Scholarship is available to Delaware high school graduates with excellent credentials to attend Delaware State University. The intent of this program is to offset the cost of tuition, thereby increasing the number of Delawareans who attend college and complete degree programs. The scholarship program is subject to available funds appropriated by the Delaware General Assembly. Inspire scholarship recipients must continue to make excellent academic progress toward a degree and must complete at least ten hours of community service per semester. *check back later for updates on scholarship availability.
To apply, follow these steps*
1. Apply for financial aid by submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the priority deadline of March 15 to the federal processor (FAFSA available after January 1). The DSU school code is 001428.
2. Submit a complete Application for Admission with a one-time, non-refundable $35 application fee to attend the fall semester. Paper applications may be requested by phone, mail, online, or from your high school counselor. Apply early for admission!
3. Provide official scores from the SAT/ACT tests to the Office of Admissions at Delaware State University.
4. Submit your final official high school transcript by June 30 to the Office of Admissions.
5. Upon completion of the above requirements, the Office of Financial Aid will notify you of your Inspire eligibility.
* The Inspire Scholarship will be subject to available appropriations for each fiscal year.
See https://www.desu.edu/admissions/tuition-financial-aid/scholarships/inspire-scholarship for more details.
Use form available at https://www.desu.edu/admissions/request-info