The Korean American Scholarship Foundation (KASF) - Norheastern Regional Chapter (NERC) is pleased to announce a new scholarship program in honor and recognition of 1.6 million American Veterans who served in the Korean War during the Korean War era (June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955). These men and women answered the call to fight for a country and people they never knew and never met. More than 54,000 Americans died and 103,000 were wounded.
To express our gratitude to these Veterans for their sacrifices, KASF-NERC will offer their descendants an opportunity to apply for a scholarship. KASF-NERC scholarship program will recognize outstanding students who have demonstrated outstanding talents and potential for success. Awardees will receive a check of $2,000 scholarships from KASF and be able to attend the Annual Awards Gala to be held in New York City. *check back later for updates on scholarship availability.
Qualifications for Scholarship Eligibility:
1. Will be a full time student at a school in one of the designated Northeastern region states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont) during the 2019–2020 school year.
2. Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
3. Can demonstrate need for financial assistance.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements, the applicant should be:
1. Direct descendants of a Korean-War Veteran who served in Korea from June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955 (Korean War Era, as designated by the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs)
2. Enrolled as a full-time student during the 2018-19 academic year
3. Attend a school located in the KASF Northeastern Region: CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, & VT.
11% of people are left handed