Central Florida Junior College was established in 1957 when community leaders and citizens envisioned an educational resource that would help Marion, Citrus and Levy counties to grow and prosper. With foresight and determination those community leaders planted the seed that has become the educational hub of the tricounty area.
The Ocala Campus was established on a 60-acre tract donated by Atlantic Realty and Investment Company and the city of Ocala and over time has grown to include 140 acres. The attractive campus is at a crossroads of the growing community, between downtown Ocala and Interstate 75 on State Road 200. The campus has been recognized by Marion County for its beautiful grounds.